At project44 we’re on a mission - to make supply chains work.
project44 optimizes the movement of products globally, delivering better resiliency, sustainability, and value for our customers. As the supply chain connective tissue, we operate the most trusted end-to-end visibility platform that tracks more than 1 billion shipments annually for the world’s leading brands. The undisputed leader in the market, project44 was named the Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, #1 in FreightWaves’ FreightTech 25, and the Customer’s Choice in Gartner Peer Insights’ Voice of the Customer report. project44 is headquartered in Chicago with a diverse and fast-growing, global workforce.
If you’re eager to be part of a winning team that works together to solve some of the most challenging supply chain challenges every day, let’s talk.
The Compensation Manager is a critical role for our rapidly growing organization to drive strategic compensation philosophy and deliver creative, competitive, and analytically driven programs. This role will serve as project44's subject matter expert to ensure fair and equitable pay, and create sustainable and competitive incentive, compensation, and equity programs in alignment to our high-performance culture. Our People Team thrives in a fast-paced environment, can navigate working through ambiguity with an owner’s mindset, and require the ability to create and build programs and processes that will scale as we grow.
- Drive the strategic design and execution of the company's global compensation and equity programs, while seeking opportunities to improve our processes, provide a best-in-class team member experience and scale with the business.
- Ensure programs are market competitive, aligned with business goals, consistently administered, and in compliance with company policies and evolving regulatory requirements.
- Provide partnership, education, and direction to the people team leadership, HRBPs, Finance, functional stakeholders, and senior business leaders on all compensation matters for the company.
- Conduct compliance assessments to identify areas of risk or improvements that need to be addressed. Responsible for certain daily compensation operations, including FLSA exemption assignment, data reporting and staying aware of current local and federal laws and regulations.
- Own implementing and continuously maintaining job leveling, title harmonization, job evaluation, and compensation banding.
- Partner with external vendors and implement systems to make programs and processes more efficient and advance the project44 compensation philosophy.
- Ensure accurate and relevant survey data to drive market analysis, benchmarking and develop compensation bands.
- 6+ years of experience in global compensation principles and practices, including program design and administration at a global, technology company.
- Strong knowledge of executive compensation principles and practices as well as short- and long-term incentive programs.
- Experience in UKG, Workday or comparable HRIS system.
- Superior attention to detail and accuracy, excellent problem solving, analytical and research skills.
- Collaborative work style with a focus on providing exceptional partnership.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel required.
Diversity & Inclusion
We're designing the future of how the world moves and is connected through trade and global supply chains. We can only deliver a truly world-class product and experience if our teams are as diverse and unique communities we are building for. So, it's up to us to create a company where anyone can bring their authentic self to work every day. We're constantly working to improve, and we accept our responsibility to elevate the voices left in the margins. It is on every one of us.
Our focus on inclusion manifests in the way we hire, the customers we serve, and the regions we prioritize. We're building a company that every one of us at project44 is proud to work for: a company that celebrates you for being you.
We pride ourselves on celebrating everyone — project44 is an equal opportunity employer actively working on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment where underrepresented groups can thrive. If you share our values and our passion for helping the way the world moves, we’d love to review your application!
More about project44
Since 2014, project44 has been transforming the way one of the largest, most important global industries does business. As transportation and logistics continue to evolve and customer expectations around delivery become more demanding, industry technology must rise to the occasion. In just a few short years, we have created a digital infrastructure that eliminates the inefficiencies caused by dated technology and manual processes. Our Advanced Visibility Platform is used by the world’s leading brands to track shipments, collaborate with supply chain partners, drive operational efficiencies, and create outstanding customer experiences.
p44 hires without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.