Build your careerat an Underscore portfolio company
Come join a company who is a key leader in the industry scaling the next core commerce infrastructure and on the path from $100M to $500M! Founded in 2012, Salsify helps brand manufacturers, distributors, and retailers in over 80 countries collaborate to win on the digital shelf. As the market leader globally, our products are shopper-centric, frictionless, and create memorable commerce experiences. Our products provide a competitive edge through experiences that improve brand trust, amplify product differentiation and assortments, increase conversion rate, improve profit margins, and speed time to market.
Learn how the world’s largest brands, including Mars, L'Oreal, Coca-Cola, Bosch, and GSK, as well as retailers and distributors such as E.Leclerc, Carrefour, Metro, and Intermarché use Salsify everyday to stand out on the digital shelf.
At Salsify, we strive to embody an equitable, diverse, and inclusive company culture. We are united across countries, levels, tenures, and a host of other dimensions of diversity. We understand that while work is just one aspect of who we are, a truly inclusive culture accounts for the full authenticity of every single human being that works here.
As Salsify’s Customer Support team grows, we are looking for talented, customer-oriented support professionals to join our team.
As the first line of contact with our customers, you play a key role in ensuring their success using Salsify. You are our customer’s voice within Salsify as we strive to continually improve our product, our service, and our role as trusted advisors within the e-commerce industry.
As a Support Engineer at Salsify, you will develop and maintain a deep understanding of the Salsify platform and our customers' specific needs while working alongside a team of dedicated and hardworking technical support professionals across the globe. You will gain e-commerce industry knowledge while helping our customers win the digital shelf. We don’t expect you to know everything - we want you to ask questions and learn new things while helping us deliver on our vision.
How you’ll make an impact:
• Maintains high-quality technical omni-channel support while consistently delivering on monthly KPIs and top quality support experience; Promptly responding to customer queries through proper channels
• Accurately assesses the need to escalate cases to the next level of support, leadership, and internal teams (e.g. flagging churn risk)
• Confidently handles customer feedback, frustrations and case escalations; Liaising with colleagues or managers to find the best solutions to customers issues as needed
• Engages in ongoing knowledge development activities, such as feature release training, Salsify certifications, and topic-based bootcamps; Proposes and organizes office hours and knowledge meetings
• Provides mentorship, training and ongoing support to other team members; may assist with recruiting efforts (interview) and onboarding activities for new hires
• Take a proactive approach in developing Salsify knowledge development; Familiarizing yourself with new products and services as they are introduced.
• Obtaining and proactively sharing knowledge with colleagues and other departments so that products and services can be improved.
• Active role in your own professional development; Able to give/receive constructive feedback.
• Represents the support team while working cross-functionally with other departments; able to provide insights and advocates for our customers and team
• Identifying process challenges and escalating them to management, along with possible suggestions for improvement, wherever possible.
• Actively participates in non-case handling activities, such as team mentoring, product beta testing, knowledge documentation
• Owns and/or participates in projects and activities aligned with a leadership track or a technical track
You'll enjoy this role if you have:
You have 4 or more years of technical support experience in a fast-paced environment
You have a history of high performance and are known among your peers as the go-to person for help; you can maintain high-quality technical omni-channel support while consistently delivering on monthly KPIs and top quality support experience
You can clearly and thoughtfully explain new technical concepts to a wide variety of personas
You have a thirst for knowledge and a desire to teach others - we care more about your ability to learn than pre-existing knowledge; you take an active role in your own professional development
You are organized and detail-oriented
You are motivated to be a self-starter and individual performer effectively contributing to overall team productivity and collaboration
You raise opportunities for process improvements and show a willingness to be part of the solution
You are technical with a customer-first mindset and comfortable with HTML, APIs, log files, networking, system architecture and solving ambiguous issues
GS1 knowledge will be a plus
Knowledge of the challenges brands and retailers face in the e-commerce industry today
Experience with common support tools like Salesforce, Jira (or similar), ticketing tools and participating in 24x7 on-call routine
What We Have for You:
Portugal Benefits -
Salsify loves a good success story and it would be our privilege to help write yours! We recognize that talent and potential come in all forms and that years of experience does not guarantee on-the-job effectiveness or leadership potential. Our hiring process involves recognizing a person’s achievements, subject matter expertise, and passion, not just check marks next to a job description. If you have an interest in our roles please do not hesitate to apply - we would be happy to speak with you!
Salsify’s mission is to empower brand manufacturers to win on the digital shelf.
Helping brand manufacturers to win online is what we do. Our culture is who we are. We are empowered. We are positive thinkers. We take action. We care deeply. These values have driven Salsify’s growth and earned the company numerous top workplace awards.
We are headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and have hubs in Lisbon (Portugal), Paris (France), and Sydney (Australia). If you are excited to work in a fast-paced environment with a team that values agility, curiosity and passion, we want to hear from you!
Please see our Candidate Privacy Statement for information on the personal data we process in connection with your application.