Messari is the leading provider of crypto market intelligence products that help professionals navigate crypto/Web3 with confidence. We bring transparency and smarter qualitative and quantitative analytics to the industry by combining a global research database with a comprehensive suite of data visualization and asset discovery tools. We help drive smarter participation in crypto from individuals and institutions alike.
The name “Messari” came from the Franciscan monks who declared "clean books" a moral imperative during the renaissance and pushed merchants to use proper accounting methods. This led to the flourishing of investment via "trust but verify" methods and industry growth throughout Europe. That's what we aim to do. Provide participants, investors, builders, platforms, and everyone else with reliable information to better participate in the crypto ecosystem.
Our users range from some of the most prominent analysts, investors, and crypto individuals to top organizations including Coinbase, BitGo, Anchorage, 0x, Chainanalysis, Ledger, Compound, MakerDAO, and many more.
We are seeking a skilled Crypto Research Analyst to join our team and produce high-quality, data-driven research reports focused on the crypto consumer sector. As a Crypto Research Analyst, you will conduct extensive research and analysis to bring insights to our subscribers and engage with investors, protocols, and other stakeholders in the crypto industry. You will also leverage AI-powered tools to maximize your productivity and build relationships with key players in the industry.
Please note that at this moment we can only hire US-based candidates for this role. To be considered, please answer the questions that are part of the application.
What you'll do
- Author insightful, long-form research reports with a focus on the crypto consumer sector. This includes sectors like Web3 social, DAOs, messaging, NFT marketplaces, and other consumer verticals.
- Conduct thorough research and analysis to provide data-driven insights to our subscriber
- Leverage AI-powered tools in your daily workflow to maximize productivity
- Build and maintain relationships with investors, protocols, and other crypto stakeholders
- Engage on social media platforms (e.g., Twitter) and participate in industry events to represent our brand and build your personal brand
Who you are
- Strong knowledge of the crypto consumer sector with a demonstrated track record of writing content in this area (e.g., blogs, articles, research reports)
- Familiarity with crypto metrics and data sources, and quantitative skills (e.g., Excel, working with data sets)
- Resourceful, curious, and able to think critically and creatively to deliver high-quality reports
- Strong team player with a willingness to collaborate and put Messari's mission above personal achievement
- Passionate about delivering high-quality research reports and excited to work in a fast-paced environment
Salary Ranges for this position (depending upon experience):
$105,000 - $125,000
What you’ll love about Messari.
We understand in order for you to do your best work, you need the resources to stay healthy, recharge, and feel like you have ownership in the future we are building.
- Competitive Salary and Employee Stock Options: Everyone in our team contributes to the success of our game-changing products, which is why we share all our wins company-wide. As we continue to succeed, stock options and a competitive salary mean you get to enjoy the upside!
- Health, Dental, & Vision: We care about your well-being so we contribute to the cost of your health benefits. Messari covers 80% of your health, dental, and vision!
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Use pretax dollars for any health care needs.
- Life Insurance: Provided to you at no cost, with coverage up to 1x your Annual Salary.
- Disability Insurance: Offering Long-term and Short-term disability to provide a portion of your income during times you are unable to work!
- Flexible Time Off: Forget accrued PTO days. We believe in the power of personal time, so we offer as much flexible time as you need. Just clear it with your team and bon voyage!
- Paid Parental Leave: We encourage you to take care of your little one! We provide 18 weeks for primary caregiver / 4 weeks for secondary caregiver
- WeWork: All Access Pass.
- 401k: 3% Match when you invest in your future with our 401K.
- Flexible working life and $500 WFH set up allowance: Work-life balance is important. Whether you want to work from home or come to our office in New York the choice is yours. To help you get comfortable working from home we’ll assist with a $500 contribution.
- Community & Social Events: Messari is a community, we work hard, and bring each other up! Fun and regular company events to relax and connect with teammates.
- Learning and Development: We are dedicated to your professional development. We contribute $1,500 annually for you to invest in your continued education.
- Health & Wellness Perks: Work-life balance and your wellbeing are important to us. To contribute to your mental & physical wellbeing we gift you a brand new Whoop and a subscription to Headspace, as well as Health Advocacy as part of our Employee Assistance Plan.
*As Messari is a fully remote company hiring candidates around the world, our perks and benefit packages may adjust based on your location.
Join our Global, Fully-Remote Team
We believe in building services that help people around the world engage with crypto and seek out talent that can broaden how we build for a diverse, global audience. At Messari, we welcome all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, socioeconomic status, religion, age, marital or parental status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.