Build your careerat an Underscore portfolio company
LearnLux is on a mission to make financial guidance accessible for all. In our world today, knowledge about personal finance is not a priority at any level of the education system and as a result, people miss out on their prime investment period, fail to develop the credit they’ll need later in life, and make big financial decisions out of fear rather than education. LearnLux’s learning tools and lessons are built to be engaging, interactive & jargon-free, and our team of independent Financial Advisors provide world-class unbiased guidance. To share our mission at scale, we partner with Human Resources departments of leading companies to help employees understand their benefits such as 401k options, refinance their student loans, and do their best work every day because they feel great about their finances. We’re backed by prominent investors such as Ashton Kutcher’s fund Sound Ventures and Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff.
###// About the Role
LearnLux is looking for a part time or contract CPA to join our fast growing team. Reporting directly to our COO and Lead Planners, you will work directly with clients, leveraging the LearnLux digital experience and your personal expertise, to help them prepare for and accomplish their personal finance goals.
###*// In this role, you will: *
● Meet and engage with clients remotely over video, phone, chat and email to give guidance on topics like filing taxes, tax optimization, tax planning, how taxes impact your overall financial plan, tax guidance on equity compensation, and more
● Document and record client notes in a concise and easily accessible format
● Send quick, cohesive email follow ups to ensure clients understand next steps and
● Become an expert on our client’s benefits plans so you can act as an extension of their team during open enrollment
● CPA or Enrolled Agent designation
● Have the ability to perform several tasks concurrently, to prioritize work, and to take direction from multiple team members
● Can communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with strong interpersonal skills
● Can demonstrated ability to take initiative and execute
Nice To Have
● Startup and/or Fintech experience
*We are not associated with any financial institutions. We are not trying to sell any financial products, and we operate solely with the user’s best interests in mind. *
LearnLux helps employers reduce financial stress in the workplace by offering employees a customized financial wellness platform to take control of their financial lives. Personal finances are the #1 cause of stress in the workplace, and employees want help from their employer to feel more confident, make informed decisions and achieve financial peace of mind to perform their best in their job every day. For employers, LearnLux offers personalized and customizable learning materials and tools around topics like 401(k), Healthcare, Benefits, Taxes, and Emerging Financial Trends to reduce financial stress at work, increase employee productivity, and maximize utilization of voluntary benefits. For employees, LearnLux empowers individuals to access financial guidance on demand and make confident, informed financial decisions through relevant lessons tailored for all knowledge levels.
This is an exciting new opportunity to drive your function at a fast-growing seed stage startup at the cutting edge intersection of financial wellness and technology. You will be an integral part of an A+ multi-disciplinary team scaling a high-performance business while delivering high impact for humanity and future generations. We’re excited to speak with you about joining our team!
To apply or learn more please email [email hidden]