Kard is building the first rewards-as-a-service platform to power the next generation of loyalty. Our mission is to reward consumers for their everyday purchases. Our powerful suite of APIs helps neobanks, financial institutions, banking-as-a-service platforms, and anyone who issues a payment card launch customized rewards tailored to their unique customer needs.
We have raised $30M to date from top investors including Tiger Global Management, Fin Capital, Underscore Ventures, as well as angels, founders, and executives from Ally Financial, Affirm, Alloy, Mastercard, Robinhood, and many other leading financial and fintech institutions.
About the Role
Kard is hiring a contract Scrum Master to join our Engineering team! You will get to know Kard’s full product line, and help the entire engineering team operate smoothly and efficiently. You will bridge engineering with product and operations teams, facilitate agile meetings and processes, and remove roadblocks wherever they may lie!
- Own agile ceremonies, process execution and evolution as the team grows
- Use your solid execution skills with a strategic mindset to facilitate stand ups, retrospectives, sprint planning, and backlog grooming
- Maintaining Jira and reporting to team members on metrics
- Understand and manage dependencies and ensure clarity of priorities across programs and teams
- Help streamline project delivery and create efficiencies within the 2 scrum teams
- Collaborate with colleagues to improve our processes and help us work better and smarter as we scale
- Create clarity for teams in situations of ambiguity
- At least 5+ years supporting a live product and working in with Agile software development practices
- At least 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner, or Program Manager
- Experience managing Jira
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational skills, including product information and schedules
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects, teams, and individuals
- Ability to investigate and troubleshoot issues and document and prioritize findings
- Experience working for a tech startup
- Familiarity with Payments or Banking industries
- Experience with SaaS applications, APIS, and web applications
As well as focusing on offering career progression, life at Kard is a chance to work autonomously, be a part of a rapidly growing company and witness a team that embodies its values (Humility, Initiative and Openness) from the CEO down.
Our robust benefit plan includes:
- Unlimited PTO (where employees are required, at minimum, to take one day off a quarter, 10 days each year)
- 11 observed Federal Holidays (plus one for Black Friday and another for Christmas Eve)
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k (100% Employer match for the first 3%)
- Coworking Reimbursement (up to $250 or 80%)
- WFH setup stipend
- Company Offsites (January, May and September)