At H1, we believe access to the best healthcare information is a basic human right. Our mission is to provide a platform that can optimally inform every doctor interaction globally. This promotes health equity and builds needed trust in healthcare systems. To accomplish this our teams harness the power of data and AI-technology to unlock groundbreaking medical insights and convert those insights into action that result in optimal patient outcomes and accelerates an equitable and inclusive drug development lifecycle. Visit h1.co
to learn more about us.
Faculty Opinions, an H1 community, connects the global research community with up-to-date insights, clarity and evaluation from world-class experts on the latest publications and research in Medicine and Life Sciences. Visit facultyopinions.com
to learn more about our product. We are seeking an enthusiastic individual to join the Faculty Opinions team at H1 as a Platform Engineer.
WHAT YOU’LL DO AT H1
You will be working as part of a multi-disciplined product team including Product Manager, UI/UX designer, Technical Architect, Test Automation Engineers, and other developers where you will be: developing, automating, and supporting Faculty Opinions’ cloud platform by using technologies such as Terraform, AWS SAM, and Cloud Formation, following and Infrastructure as code IaC approach.
- Develop and improve Faculty Opinions’ automated CI/CD pipelines using GitHub Actions and others following a pipeline as code approach
- Configure and automate monitoring tools (e.g. Datadog), dashboards, and alerts to proactively monitor the health of Faculty Opinions
- Collaborate with Faculty Opinions’ Senior Director of Technology and senior engineers to implement a security-by-design approach automating security controls and monitoring as much as possible
- Work in an iterative way following Agile, DevOps and continuous delivery best practices
- Mentor junior platform engineers, setting them up for a successful career in Faculty Opinions
- Actively participate in the team ceremonies such as planning sessions, retrospectives, and Show and Tells in a constructive way
You have early roots in software development, giving you have a hands-on understanding of the software development lifecycle, with a passion for DevOps that speeds quality software products to market. You also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, making you a pro-active, resourceful, and a strong team player with strong collaboration, and creative problem solving skills.
- AWS stack including services such as CloudFront, S3, RDS, EC2, Lambda, ECS, VPC, etc. (2 years)
- Terraform and automating AWS infrastructure with Terraform (2 years)
- Automating CI/CD pipelines (pipeline as code) (2 years)
- Git, and its application to software delivery (4 years)
- Docker and dockerising legacy web applications (2 years)
- Agile ways of working (5 years)
- Advanced problem solving and experience with dealing with live issues
- Configuring and operating monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, Datadog, PagerDuty, etc.
- Writing pipelines using GitHub Actions a plus
Not meeting all the requirements but still feel like you’d be a great fit? Tell us how you can contribute to our team in a cover letter!
- Full suite of health insurance options, in addition to generous paid time off
- Pre-planned company-wide wellness holidays
- Retirement options
- Health & charitable donation stipends
- Impactful Business Resource Groups
- Flexible work hours & the opportunity to work from anywhere
- The opportunity to work with leading biotech and life sciences companies in an innovative industry with a mission to improve healthcare around the globe
H1 is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive workplace with equal opportunity for all applicants and teammates. Our goal is to recruit the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex (including pregnancy), age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
H1 is committed to working with and providing access and reasonable accommodation to applicants with mental and/or physical disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please reach out to your recruiter once you've begun the interview process. All requests for accommodations are treated discreetly and confidentially, as practical and permitted by law.