At H1, we believe access to the best healthcare information is a basic human right. Our mission is to provide a platform that can optimally inform every doctor interaction globally. This promotes health equity and builds needed trust in healthcare systems. To accomplish this our teams harness the power of data and AI-technology to unlock groundbreaking medical insights and convert those insights into action that result in optimal patient outcomes and accelerates an equitable and inclusive drug development lifecycle. Visit h1.co
to learn more about us.
Product Engineering is responsible for the development and delivery of our consumer-facing applications. Today, that includes enterprise SaaS web applications and is currently expanding into mobile. Our applications are a window into our knowledge base of millions of healthcare professional profiles and their affiliations. The product engineering team builds the applications that allow our customers to search and visualize information to make rapid, business critical decisions. The team is small and scrappy, but as we rapidly expand the markets we serve, the team must grow and scale.
WHAT YOU'LL DO AT H1
As a Mobile Staff Engineer on the Product Engineering team, you will help guide our feature product's technical strategy and architecture. You will be working with stakeholders across the engineering, data, and product organizations to support your team in delivering the best scalable, stable, and high-quality healthcare data application in the market.
- You are a builder. You love to get your hands dirty. You view tech stacks holistically and understand how each system dovetails to the other. The H1 mobile app is built with Typescript and React Native. Its backend is built with Node.JS
, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, and AWS.
- You are a teammate. Being part of a team is a requirement for you. You appreciate working together, solving problems, and iterating to become something better. You like unblocking people, furthering their understanding, and accepting feedback professionally. You understand that delivering the best solution to the customer requires teamwork.
- You are an owner. You take pride in your work, so you feel responsible for your slice of the codebase. You have high standards. You monitor your code and make sure that it is reliable and performant.
- You are a student. You understand that as an engineer, you never stop learning. You enjoy learning new things and exploring ideas. You will adopt new technologies tempered by due diligence.
- 5+ years of experience in building all-star products within software/app companies
- Experience with our core technologies: Typescript, React Native, React, NodeJS, GraphQL, ElasticSearch, AWS
- Experience with databases like PostgreSQL
- Software management tools such as Git, JIRA, and CircleCI
- Developer Operations, deploying to systems like Netlify, AWS, and Kubernetes
Not meeting all the requirements but still feel like you’d be a great fit? Tell us how you can contribute to our team in a cover letter!
- Full suite of health insurance options, in addition to generous paid time off
- Pre-planned company-wide wellness holidays
- Retirement options
- Health & charitable donation stipends
- Impactful Business Resource Groups
- Flexible work hours & the opportunity to work from anywhere
- The opportunity to work with leading biotech and life sciences companies in an innovative industry with a mission to improve healthcare around the globe