CloudZero makes efficient cloud-driven innovation a reality by putting SaaS companies in control of their cloud costs. By consuming data from multiple providers, CloudZero empowers customers to understand their cloud costs at a granular level, and in so doing, make educated financial decisions around their cloud investments. Our SaaS platform is a dynamic, single page application that answers the complex, data-heavy questions being asked by every cloud-based organization.
We use serverless technologies such as AWS Lambdas and AWS Step Functions to create a scalable, event-driven architecture that ingests and normalizes millions of events from customer environments in real-time. We utilize Snowflake to support a flexible, scalable data model that allows our customers to get unparalleled insights into their cloud cost landscape.
Our engineering team values lifelong learning, maintaining a growth mindset, and inclusiveness, which is why we are a fully remote company with employees across the US. We organize into small, fully autonomous, tight-knit teams of developers and collaboratively design, build, validate, ship, and maintain high-value features using Kanban flow.
As we continue to grow quickly, we’re looking to add a talented and experienced principal software engineer to a new product development team we are building out. This new team will ensure that the CloudZero platform is the leader in quickly bringing in cost and customer data. This team will become experts on how our customers use third-party SaaS and PaaS tools and build features on our platform to make it easy to bring their usage data in and combine it with our differentiated cost data model.
Our product teams are staffed with five engineers, with support from a product manager, an engineering manager, and a product designer. Our principal engineers are the engines of these teams, helping define how to reach our end goals, breaking down strategic objectives into work for the team, and then assisting the team in building high-quality software to delight our end users.
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, services, and systems for our cloud platform
- Build features that can scale as we bring in customers with large and complex datasets
- Write readable code that is easy to test, maintain, and extend
- Participate in product discovery sessions to research and deeply understand real user problems, landing on the best way to solve them and decomposing the work for the team
- Actively mentor and set an example as a leader, to expand the capabilities your team members
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and product designers on your team to build features that solve real customer problems
- Help improve our engineering processes to ensure we have a team that can move fast and iterate quickly, giving everyone agency, ownership, and the ability to impact the broader success of the company